We have always loved the saying, “Eat Cake For Breakfast” and now we can with these bacon and egg cupcakes! This keto-friendly breakfast is so delicious, the kids look forward to waking up in the morning! With crispy bacon wrapped around a cheesy, egg-filled centre, it’s hard not to love waking up early for breakfast.
For all you bacon lovers, prepare to fall in love with this easy breakfast recipe. You can fuel your body with all the right fats with this recipe thanks to the bacon and avocado. You can also add some heavy cream to the recipe to make a creamier egg filling, also increasing your fat intake.
This recipe makes 12 cupcakes, which means you can keep some in the refrigerator for the ultimate on-the-go breakfast. We know that it can be hard to eat a balanced breakfast, which is why we love this recipe. It’s convenient and easy, especially in the mornings when you are low on time.
If you enjoyed this recipe and would like to try another keto-friendly breakfast you should check out our Coconut Flour Pancakes!
- 8 eggs
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 tomato, thinly slices
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon until crispy.
- Remove the bacon and drain the grease, reserving some of the bacon grease.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray. Place the bacon on the sides of each muffin, to act as the “cup”.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, reserved bacon grease, parmesan cheese, and chives.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin “cups”.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for about 12-13 minutes, until eggs are firm.
- Remove the cupcakes from the muffin pan with a rubber spatula and place a slice of tomato and avocado on each one.