These cauliflower breadsticks are the closest thing you’ll get to bread without all of the carbs. Giving up bread is one of the hardest parts of a low carb diet. We wanted to find a close substitute so we could curb our cravings without giving into them.
It’s a phenomenal recipe and it’s simple to make. These breadsticks pair make a delicious appetizer, pair perfectly with soup and are amazing with any main dish. They are full of flavor with swirls of cheese and hints of garlic.
You can use this recipe to make bread for sandwiches, toast, and rolls as well. Simply cut the bread to the preferred size after baking. It’s that easy. Once you try this recipe, it will quickly become a family favorite. It sure did for us.
If you’re looking for a good recipe to try these breadsticks with, try our Crockpot Chili. They make the perfect pair.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||12 minutes|
|Passive Time||10 minutes|
- 1 head of cauliflower, riced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan Cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tbsp freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 1/2 tbsp freshly chopped italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded MozzarellaCheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To rice the cauliflower I cored it and broke it into florets. Then I placed it in the bowl of my food processor and pulsed until it was the texture of rice.
- In a large bowl, mix the riced cauliflower, 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 tablespoon fresh garlic, 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil, 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper until combined and holds together.
- Place the mixture onto the parchment lined baking sheet and spread out into a rectangle about 9x7" and 1/4" thick.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and top with 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese and return to oven to continue baking until the cheese is melted and starting to brown. Cool about 10 minutes and cut into 'breadsticks'.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese. Serve with your favorite Red Sauce and enjoy!
Am I overlooking the nutrition content in the recipes posted in this blog? I follow a ketogenic diet and am interested in the calorie/carb/fat/protein content in each recipe. Thanks.
Hey Mary Lou,
We just recently updated all of our nutritional information on the website. Let us know if there’s anything else you’d like to know.
I used frozen cauliflower it worked took it little longer about 5 minutes I’m cooking for someone else