Nothing beats a warm meal on a cold day! Unfortunately, many hot meals can be packed with carbs. This piping hot Low Carb Cauliflower Chowder with Bacon is both creamy and delicious. Plus it’s low in unwanted carbohydrates!
Unlike some traditional soups that have high carb ingredients, this chowder will keep you in line with your keto goals.
Cauliflower is one of my favourite low carb substitutes for potatoes. Seriously, don’t overlook the power of using a cauliflower substitute to amp up this soup into a hearty meal.
Not only is this soup totally filling, it’s also packed with flavour. Topped with crunchy bacon bits and some shredded cheddar cheese, this easy to make soup will quickly become an instant classic.
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat large pot on medium heat. Add bacon and cook till crispy, about 8 minutes. Place on paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt butter and add garlic, onions, carrots and celery. Stir until onions are clear.
- Add cauliflower and bay leaf. Cook and stir occasionally until tender.
- Whisk in flour for about 1 minute, or until browned. Add chicken broth and milk gradually while whisking constantly until it thickens.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 12-15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. If consistency is too thick, add more broth or milk until desired.
- Serve piping hot and garnish with chunks of bacon and parsley.