When in the season, there is nothing tastier than a fresh tomato. Add some cheese and you have a near perfect pairing. Bake them together with some parm? You’ll have heaven on a plate.
These cheesy tomato bakes are perfect for a snack or as a light lunch. They even make a tasty side dish to pair with a nice steak or some baked salmon. The fresher the tomato, the better.
It’s almost magical when you pair together fresh tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Like I said before, these two ingredients are a marriage made in heaven. Whoever invented this combo knew what they were talking about.
Looking for more keto friendly meals? Try our Supreme Green Bean Casserole!
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place tomato slices on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Top each tomato with a layer or parmesan and then a layer or mozzarella.
- Sprinkle the chopped basil on top of each tomato.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Turn off oven and broil for 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!