Ditch the carbs and enjoy this Keto-friendly chicken tetrazzini. With its creamy sauce, tender chicken and shirataki noodles transform this once carb-heavy dish into a keto lovers dream. If you are trying the Keto Lifestyle but love eating pasta, you can substitute any pasta with shirataki noodles! Shirataki is a traditional Japanese noodle that is mainly gluten-free and low in calories. Made from varieties of yam and tofu, this Japanese noodle is the ultimate pasta substitution.
With a lovely combination of vegetables and chicken paired with a savory cream sauce, it won’t take long to fall in love with this dish. Our kids love it, our friends love it, and we love it! We love that we can share it with you! You can even store it in the fridge or freezer and heat it up for the days you don’t have time to cook! Once you try this low carb recipe you will never look at carbs the same!
If you love this low carb recipe try out our lasagna stuffed spaghetti squash! If you love this low carb recipe try out our lasagna stuffed spaghetti squash!
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
|Passive Time||5 minutes|
- 1 cup chicken breasts cooked, shredded
- 2 packages shirataki spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large red pepper diced
- 3 cups kale chopped
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1-1/3 mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a large baking dish lightly with oil.
- Drain the liquid in the tofu shirataki packages and rinse noodles under cool water.
- In a bowl, cut the noodles into smaller pieces.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic, cook until onion is transparent.
- Add chicken, red peppers, kale, pepper and salt. Sauté until the kale begins to wilt. Turn off the heat.
- Add tofu shirataki in pan and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat. Stir milk occasionally to keep it from burning.
- When the milk starts to boil, add in wine, 1 cup of cheese and thyme.
- Once the sauce thickens, pour the creamy mixture into the sauté pan with the vegetables, chicken, shiratak and stir well.
- Pour everything into prepared baking dish. Top with remaining 1/3 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the casserole starts to brown, and the cheese is bubbling.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!