In Mexican Cuisine, Carne Asada translates to ‘grilled meat’. Carne Asada is typically made from thin marinated beef steak, usually skirt steak, flank steak or flap steak. It is easily recognized by a heavily barbecued flavour which comes from a certain amount of searing. This adds a delicious taste that satisfies both your hunger and your ketogenic diet’s protein requirements.
This tasty traditional Mexican dish is going to be a dinner hit in your family. Easy to prepare, this dish will have your mouth watering all day. You can enjoy the Carne Asadas alone or with a low carb mashed cauliflower.
Looking for more keto-friendly recipes? Check out these tasty mozzarella stuffed meatballs!
Let’s get started with what you’ll need to prepare this flavourful keto recipe:
- 2 lb chuck roast
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh minced cilantro
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- Rinse chuck roast under cold water and pat dry.
- Set aside and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Place all remaining ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Place chuck roast in a crock pot and liberally coat with asada marinade.
- Add ¼ cup of filtered water to crock pot (this allows the meat to heat up evenly rather than scorching it in the crock pot) and cook for 5 hours on HIGH, turning meat over every hour.
- Remove chuck from crock pot and let it rest about 20 minutes.
- Slice meat across the grain and spoon over the juices from crock pot.