Craving some fried rice tonight? Let’s ditch the carbs and make a cauliflower version that is both satisfying and delicious. Cauliflower is a great substitution for rice. When you grate cauliflower in a processor or chop it up finely it really resembles rice, from its looks to its textures.
This is a great recipe if you are new to using cauliflower as a grain substitute because of its simplicity. This recipe has a great balance of mixed vegetables, egg, and of course cauliflower!
You can enjoy it as a main dish or pair it with some protein, like chicken. You can even kick it up a notch and add some spices and seasoning to your personal preference.
This recipe pairs nicely with our Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- In a wok, add sesame oil over medium to high heat.
- Add in garlic, onions, cauliflower, and frozen vegetables. Stir fry until cauliflower is about tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs together.
- Put the cauliflower mixed towards the sides of the wok and add whipped eggs in the center.
- Scramble eggs until almost cooked and mix the cauliflower mixture with the eggs.
- Add soy sauce and mix evenly. Serve immediately.