We love broccoli!
It’s hearty, delicious, healthy and a high protein vegetable. Not only is it healthy, filling and chock full of vitamins, it’s a perfect staple for a keto diet as it’s low in carbs and high in fiber. Not everyone is a vegetable enthusiast, but we feel this recipe will change the game. Broccoli doesn’t need to be bland and can certainly be prepared and spiced to deliver great flavor, pairing well with a variety of dishes as a complimentary side.
This recipe for garlic parmesan broccoli is quick to prepare and only has 150 calories per serving. You will find that it’s a lot easier to “eat your greens” when you give them a little flavor and texture. Cooked with healthy olive oil and baked in the oven, this broccoli dish might be the trick up your sleeve for any meal that needs a little something else on the side. We even think this recipe might trick your picky household eaters into enjoying healthy vegetables on a regular basis.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10-12 minutes|
- 24 ounces broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp minced garlic or three cloves chopped finely
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees on the bake setting.
- Take a baking sheet and spread olive oil evenly using a paper towel.
- Place broccoli florets, olive oil, salt and garlic into a bowl and stir to coat evenly.
- Dump broccoli onto prepared baking sheet and spread evenly. Using a spoon scoop out the remaining pieces of garlic and oil at bottom of the bowl and sprinkle across the top of the broccoli.
- Place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly crisped.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving.