We can’t get enough kale chips these days! In fact, kale has taken the world by storm. Once relegated to merely garnish status, there’s been a revolution in kale becoming a salad staple. Kale is high in iron, vitamin K and is packed with antioxidants. We’ve often used kale in our salads and as a replacement base for some recipes that call for rice or noodles.
Its firmness lends itself to not only being chopped and added to your favorite salad mix but also makes it an easy food to use as a chip (and so much healthier than potato chips). With only a little bit of preparation and a few minutes in the oven, you can turn kale into a healthy snack option for days when you can cravings a crunchy treat.
This is our favorite take on kale chips. Simple, delicious and healthy. What more could you want from this tasty snack?
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||16 minutes|
- 2 bunches fresh kale
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt, to taste
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove stems from Kale. Chop into chunks and wash well. (we recommend using a salad spinner, which works really great for removing all the water from the kale.) Dry well.
- Place kale in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil, sea salt, and garlic. Lay flat on a large baking sheet. For best results, don’t overcrowd the baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 minutes. Stir and toss on a baking sheet. Cook 8 more minutes, or until the edges are crisp and light brown. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve warm or store in an airtight container to save.