This Roasted Cumin Cauliflower side dish can brighten up any main dish. It’s easy to make and bakes in the oven while you prepare the rest of your meal.
By adding cumin to the recipe, a whole new flavor profile unleashes in your meal. Cumin has many health benefits that include the ability to improve immunity and aid in digestion. In fact, it’s often a spice in curries and soup as it’s great for healing the common cold.
Since cumin is a spice with distinctive taste and aroma, it almost becomes a secret weapon in terms of flavours for this dish. Using basic ingredients, you can prepare this Roasted Cumin Cauliflower in 30 minutes.
Pair this side dish with some Salmon and Dill Sauce for a perfect dinner meal.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- handful of shallots
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Cut the head of cauliflower into smaller, bite sized pieces.
- In a bowl, toss the cauliflower with the olive oil, cumin and shallots.
- Place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle on salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a 425 oven for 30 minutes, tossing them halfway through the cooking time for even cooking.
- Remove them from the oven and squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the cauliflower and return to the oven for another 10 minutes or until they are the desired softness.