Lettuce Wraps make a light and crisp, low carb substitute for bread or tortilla wraps. The BLT has been a favourite since we can remember, but unfortunately going Keto meant eliminating bread from our diet.
These BLT lettuce wraps are high in fat thanks to the bacon and mayo, which will help you reach your daily intake goals. They also contain a good amount of protein due to the chicken which helps keep your Keto diet on track.
You can whip up a few of these wraps quickly and save them for later by storing them in the fridge. Our kids love to take these to school for lunch, and we like to pack them for family trips or picnics.
The crunch of the crisp lettuce is complemented nicely by the smooth creaminess of the avocado and mayo. If you’re a fan of the traditional BLT, trust us, you will love this low carb twist.
For a side dish try our Garlic Parmesan Kale Chips, because we all know, chips and sandwiches make the best pair.
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 6 basil leaves chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 4 slices deli turkey
- 4 slices bacon cooked
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 1 roma tomato thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor, blend until smooth
- Lay out two large lettuce leaves then layer on 1 slice of turkey and slather with Basil-Mayo.
- Layer on a second slice of turkey followed by the bacon, and a few slices of avocado, tomato, cucumber and carrot.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper then fold the bottom up, the sides in, and roll like a burrito.
- Slice in half and serve cold.