This Asparagus & goat cheese tart has a lot to offer, from a crunchy crust to a cheesy filling. The rich and creamy goat cheese pairs beautifully with the salty hints of pancetta. We love how versatile this recipe is as well. You can use this recipe as an appetizer or for lunch or dinner. This recipe is a hit when we take it to any event and often surprises people that it’s low carb. We love cheese, especially goat cheese!
The crust to this dish is also very versatile, you can pair it with any keto-friendly filling of your choice. It can be a savory filling like this one, or you can swap it for a sweet filling, like a low carb cheesecake.
On the topic of cheesecake, here’s a delicious, low carb Brownie Cheesecake recipe you’ll want to try!
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 4 oz pancetta chopped
- 1 cup leeks thinly sliced, white part only
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups asparagus thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 oz soft goat cheese
- Combine all of the crust ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Press the dough into a 9 x 9 pan, 8 x 11 sheet, or a 9 inch springform pan about 1 inch up the sides.
- Bake the crust for 12 minutes at 350 degrees (F) until slightly golden.
- Melt the butter in a medium sauté pan and add the pancetta, leeks, salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 8 minutes or until the leeks are soft and transparent.
- Stir in the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes.
- Arrange the asparagus mixture evenly over the pre-baked crust.
- Whisk together the heavy whipping cream and egg yolks in a small bowl until well combined.
- Gently pour the egg mixture over the asparagus ingredients.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled goat cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 25 minutes or until slightly firm.
- Serve warm or chilled. Enjoy!