Ditch the unhealthy take out and give this egg roll in a bowl recipe a try. We’re in love with this recipe and so are the kids! It’s a low carb twist on an oriental favourite, and it’s easy to make. If you’re not a fan of pork, you can always swap it for chicken or turkey!
Egg rolls have always been a family favourite so it was important to find a low carb substitute that everyone loves. This recipe is perfect because not only is it a healthy option, it’s full of essential nutrients too!
You can also make this dish ahead of time and store it in the fridge for later. Simply heat it in the microwave or stove until hot, and you’re good to go!
After a delicious meal, it can be nice to indulge in a decadent dessert, like our Keto Brownies! Give them a try, you’ll thank us later!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small head of green cabbage
- 1 small onion
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup coconut amino
- 1-1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup green onion
- Trim ends of cabbage, then spiralize.
- Peel and trim ends of onion, then spiralize.
- Cut carrots and green onions into thin slices.
- In a wok or large pan, cook the ground pork for 5-6 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove pork from pan
- Using the same pan, add avocado oil and turn heat up to high.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients – except for sesame oil- and cook for 6-8 minutes until tender. Stir frequently.
- Once tender, combined the pork with the vegetables.
- Remove pan from heat and add sesame oil. Serve immediately and enjoy!