Eggs for breakfast lover, you are going to love this recipe! Turn the classic Eggs Benedict into a Keto Eggs Benedict by making your own! One of the best ways to ensure your favourite food items are keto-friendly is by making them yourself. You’ll know exactly how much fat and carbs go into your food so you can stay in ketosis.
Eggs Benedict is a class, but what makes it so heavy on carbs is the muffin and the sauce. Simply modify your Hollandaise sauce and substitute the English muffin for a low carb version.
Since there are a few pieces to this recipe, you can pre-make the Hollandaise sauce and English muffins ahead of time. That way, you can just toast your muffin and cook your bacon and eggs in the morning!
If breakfast is your favourite meal of the day, try these Break Pork Sausage next!
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tsp pyllium husk powder
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Mix all of the ingredients, separate the dough into 2 portions, and shape into muffins.
- Slice each of the muffins in half and toast.
- Add egg yolks into a blender and blend well.
- Slowly stir in the hot melted butter until the sauce is smooth.
- Add in the lemon juice and cayenne pepper/hot sauce until all are well blended.
- Place the toasted muffin on a plate.
- Add the bacon weave and slice of cheese.
- Place the poached egg on top and add your still hot hollandaise.
- Finish with some fresh green onion on top.