This baked four cheese spaghetti squash recipe is rich, flavourful and the perfect pasta substitute. When you take a fork to the cooked squash flesh, it pulls apart in amazing pasta-like ribbons that taste amazing with all kinds of seasonings and pasta sauces.
When switching to a Keto lifestyle, to some, one of the hardest adjustments to make is giving up pasta. For those of you who struggle to give up pasta, have no fear, spaghetti squash is here! With very similar texture to pasta, spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta substitute. This baked four cheese squash recipe will not only kill your pasta cravings, it will also boost your fat intake.
This low-carb recipe is both cheesy and full of flavor and is a perfect option for a pasta lover. By baking the squash with the cheese on top, the flavors soak in and give the perfect creamy texture.
If you’re a fan of cheesy goodness, you should try our Cheesy Tomato Bakes, you won’t regret it.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 1 spaghetti squash large
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube crumbled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup four-cheese italian white cheese blend Mozzarella, White Cheddar, Provolone, Asiago
- 1 pinch fresh thyme
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbs chives finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400°F(200°C).
- Grab the spaghetti squash firmly and chop off the tip and tail. Cut in half length-wise and scoop out the innards and seeds.
- Place both halves on a baking sheet, maintained by a small foil ring to ensure stability. Sprinkle cracked pepper over each half.
- In a large bowl, combine minced garlic, heavy cream with 1/4 cup water, crumbled bouillon cube, chives and fresh thyme. Mix well.
- Sprinkle a first layer of grated cheese in the cavities of each squash halves. Divide the cream mixture on top of cheese in each halves, then top with additional cheese.
- Roast in the oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the flesh of the spaghetti squash is very tender when poked with a fork. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Delish – absolutely delish! Made this for dinner tonight and I cannot wait to enjoy leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for a great-tasting crockpot recipe!!
You’re welcome Hannah, glad it worked out for you. Spaghetti Squash is one of our favourite go-to meals!
Good post. I learn something new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon every day.
It will always be interesting to read through articles from other writers and use a
little something from other websites.