To all you blue cheese lovers out there, get ready to fall in love with this creamy coleslaw! With the irresistible crunch of fresh cabbage and the creaminess of the blue cheese, it’s hard not to love. You can enjoy this dish on its own, or pair it with some of your bbq favourites, like a juicy burger!
This coleslaw is so simple to prepare and will take you no longer than 5 minutes to make. The longer this dish sits the more flavourful it will be, so you can prepare it the night before your event. When you’re ready to enjoy just toss it in some extra dressing and you’re good to go!
Toss away all of your high carb salad dressings and replace it with this low carb slaw! If you’re a fan of creamy dips like this one you’ll love our creamy spinach dip!
|Prep Time||2 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- 6 tbsp blue cheese dressing
- 2-1/2 tbsp buttermilk low-fat
- 1/2 large head red cabbage thinly sliced and then chopped
- 1/2 large head green cabbage thinly sliced and then chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion thickly sliced
- 2 tsp celery seed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbled
- Mix together the blue cheese dressing and buttermilk until it's the thickness you prefer.
- Thickly slice green onions until you have about 1/2 cup sliced green onion.
- Cut all the cabbage into thin strips; then coarsely chop
- Mix the chopped green cabbage, chopped red cabbage, and sliced green onion in a large bowl and then stir in desired amount of dressing.
- Add the celery seed, crumbled blue cheese (if using), and salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Serve right away.