The holidays are a perfect time to indulge your sweet tooth and it’s hard to use moderation with so many delicious treats around! Thankfully we have a keto friendly cookie recipe that is sweet, delicious, and has significantly less carbs than most desserts. These bite-sized cookies are soft and fruity with a hint of almond flavor.
This recipe uses jam to add the sweetness and using a sugar-free jam will keep the glycemic index even lower. We have used strawberry, but you can use any flavor you like. Feel free to make a mix and match selection for a nice variety of fruity flavors. The flours used in these keto cookies are almond and coconut, which enhance the flavor, nutritional value and also keep the recipe low carb and healthy. Gluten sensitive people will be able to enjoy them too.
These cookies make a fantastic gift idea! Perfect for the holidays, add them to any gift basket to brighten someone’s day. These cookies are beautifully festive and have only 86 calories and 1.2 net grams of carbs per cookie. Your keto friends and family will absolutely love them and you can even include the recipe in the tin so they can make their own batch. There’s absolutely no guilt in indulging in more than a couple of these sweet treats and we can’t wait till you share them with your loved ones this holiday season.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||16 minutes|
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp natural salt
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp sugar free jam – strawberry, apricot, blueberry, raspberry, orange
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- While you combine your ingredients into a bowl, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk or mix your dry ingredients into the bowl first, until mix is smooth.
- Add in the wet ingredients and continue to mix well using a hand blender or whisk.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place formed cookies on tray. Place an indent with your finger in the middle of each cookie.
- Place tray in the oven and bake for about 16 minutes, or till the cookies are a little golden.
- Let the cookies cool a bit on a wire rack or plate and fill the little indents with a little of your favorite sugar free jam.
- Sprinkle some coconut on top of each cookie to add a festive look.