It doesn’t get much easier than this crockpot chili recipe. With 3 kids, our lives can get pretty crazy, which is why we love easy dinner recipes! This crockpot chili is the perfect for the days where we don’t have time to sit and monitor the stove. All you have to do is throw all of the ingredients into the crockpot and leave it to cook, how easy is that!?
This recipe is also very easy to make ahead of time and store for later. You can store it in the fridge for up to 5 days, or throw it in the freezer! When you’re ready to enjoy, all you have to do is heat in the microwave and enjoy.
Try adding some cheese on top for extra creaminess, or pair it with our Cheesy Tomato Bites for extra crunch!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||6 hours|
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 cup carrots finely diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 28 Oz can
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14 Oz can
- 1 can tomato sauce 15 Oz can
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp basil
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 4 strips bacon crumbled
- 2 avocados diced
- Sauté onions and garlic together in a large saucepan over medium heat
- Add in ground beef to the saucepan and cook just until browned. Drain excess fat
- Transfer the cooked onions, garlic and meat to your crockpot/slow-cooker
- Add all the above vegetables and spices (except garnish ingredients) to the crockpot
- Give the pot a stir and set the crockpot on low, cover, and cook for about 6 hours.
- When ready garnish with crumbled bacon and avocado and enjoy!